It’s official. Best-selling author Tim Dorsey has crossed the Florida state line and is working his way north to New Albany, Indiana.
- Arts Along the Ohio, Taco Steve, and Destinations Booksellers host Tim Dorsey this Sunday, Feb. 28, to introduce Tim’s 19th Serge Storms novel, Coconut Cowboy. Event opens at noon with Tim’s appearance from 2 to 4 p.m.
The Coconut Cowboy national tour is under way with Tim fighting the band of tornadoes in Georgia Tuesday evening. Wednesday, he’s at his alma mater, Auburn University, then the schedule reads like this:
- Thursday – Birmingham, Ala.
- Friday – Huntsville, Ala.
- Saturday – Nashville, Tenn.
- Sunday – New Albany, Ind.
- Monday – Carmel, Ind.
We have a special time planned while we wait for Tim’s arrival on Sunday. Taco Steve, the new restaurant located in our store, has prepared a special Coconut Cowboy taco in honor of the event and we’ll all be toasting Tim’s 19th book with a Destinations signature Coconut Cowboy mocktail (though if you want to add your own clear spirits, we’ll look the other way).
Tim has been to New Albany two previous times and both of those were plagued by snowfall, if not an insurmountable accumulation. This time, we’re assured of some great weather, so please join us for Tim’s talk and the booksigning afterward.
For more information, call us at the store – 812-944-5116 – we’re located at 604 E. Spring St. in downtown New Albany. If you can’t find us on a map, you’re not trying hard enough, but we can talk you in for a landing.
– photo credits: Tim Dorsey, 2016 National Tour.